james wiseman g league stats

Wiseman was assigned to the G League nearly three weeks ago and earlier this week, Warriors coach Steve Kerr said that the team anticipates the 21-year-old playing in a couple more games with Santa Cruz before re-assessing where he is. Not to mention the team he played with in his rookie season is almost entirely different than the one the Warriors have now. All rights reserved. So really Im just trying to get back on the court and just get my rhythm again.. Furthermore, the 7-foot center was a plus-29 when he was on the court for Santa Cruz. I think thats the hardest part for all young players in the NBA, is to learn what impacts winning because that goes beyond just a scheme. He'll look to build on those positive outings upon returning to the Warriors. After measuring at 5-11 at the G League Elite Camp last spring, . One problem: The same all-encompassing issue thats plagued Wiseman ever since he first stepped foot on an NBA court has followed him to Monterey Bay. But for now, he's right where he needs to be. Ask Amy: I'm young and hot, and I just got two of my older clients pregnant, Harriette Cole: My husband can't remember what he did on New Year's Eve, and I can't forget, The Bay Area's 10 best new bakeries, from Los Gatos to Danville to Emeryville, Dear Abby: I kept this secret for 30 years, and now I'm devastated by the outcome, Dear Abby: Because of a patio heater, we've been dragged into their messy divorce, Dear Abby: It makes me queasy when my boyfriend sends roses to my office for no reason, Minnesota boy has slept outside 1,000 nights in a row, despite bugs, a bear and 38-below, Miss Manners: These two moms tried to shame me for cutting in the supermarket line, Harriette Cole: I'm hurt by my best friend's surprising behavior, Ask Amy: When I saw what was in the gift bag, I sat down and cried, University leaders admit to misstep in Islamophobia controversy as adjunct professor files lawsuit, Winter storm warning issued for metro Denver, northeast plains ahead of significant storm, The Embrace Martin Luther King Jr. Boston memorial causes a stir, Duluth Boy Scout has slept outside for 1,000 days and counting, NYPD captain forced out after collecting about $60K for hours he never worked, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. The advanced numbers tell a very different story about him than his relatively pedestrian traditional stats." Haliburton remains pencil-thin, probably the biggest knock with validity, . Warriors' James Wiseman cleared for G-League games, will play for Santa Cruz Thursday. One prominent issue still remains: he's still challenging late on those shots where he stays down, which segues into his 2nd prominent issue and probably the most important one: rebounding. We present them here for purely educational purposes. Jokic finished with 17 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists, his league-leading 12th triple-double of the season. SANTA CRUZ, Calif. James Wiseman was in a Sea Dubs uniform, like the one he was wearing Saturday night, eight months ago. Scores from any date in BAA/NBA or ABA history, Frequently Asked Questions about the NBA, WNBA and Basketball, Basketball-Reference.com Blog and Articles. (Klay Thompson missed the entire 2020-21 season and Draymond Green was in-and-out with injuries.). Warriors sending James Wiseman to G League, where he will remain for 'an extended period' Wiseman isn't in Golden State's rotation and desperately needs consistent reps By Brad Botkin Nov. Lacob was joined by his wife, Nicole Lacob, who donned a No. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2020-21 Panini Chronicles Prestige JAMES WISEMAN #52 G.S. But this stint in the G League could be the inflection point that determines which direction his career goes. As much as the Warriors have tried to set Wiseman up for success, injuries have stalled his development. Do you have a sports website? USMNT releases its first post-World Cup roster. A lottery pick of Wisemans stature in his third NBA season shouldnt be in the G League. Copyright 2023 NBA Media Ventures, LLC. He was selected 2nd overall in the 2020 NBA Draft and played college basketball at Memphis. Please use my personal information for the NBA to send me messages and advertisements about products and initiatives of the NBA and NBA partners. It could be days, weeks perhaps through the end of this year. Asked how that trend continuing in the G League factors into Golden States assessment of Wisemans progress, Steve Kerr admitted its not ignored. The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. I agree to the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy. James Wiseman is averaging 15.0 points, 9.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 26.1 minutes per game since being sent down to the G League two weeks ago. In his seventh G League assignment game, Wiseman scored 10. Download and follow the Dubs Talk Podcast, How Wiseman fared in fifth G League assignment game, Wiseman throws down nasty dunk in fourth G League game. Wiseman (ankle) is expected to return to practice in the next few days, Marc J. Spears of ESPN.com reports. Wiseman began high school at The Ensworth . It wasnt until this offseason that Wiseman played in his first Summer League, and this fall when he experienced his first full NBA training camp. Head coach Steve Kerr said Monday that Wiseman (ankle) doesn't have a return timetable, Kendra Andrews of ESPN.com reports. Dont close the book on that development coming down the line. This is mostly a good thing. Original/Licensed Reprint: . Aaron Gordon led the Nuggets with 25 points on 9-of-13 shooting. So when you just get guys who dont have much experience thats a huge part of the process.. 'Klay understands his body': Thompson still working through injury aftermath,Fear of suffering another offseason injury kept Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson. Baseball Cards; Basketball . He was a minus-11 on the night. In 25 minutes of play, the 21-year-old. Here's the list. Statistics; Summary; Team Comparison; Team Graphs; Team History; Team Info; Team List; Top Bowlers By Season; Top Bowlers By Week; USBC Rulebook; Center/League Search; Top Scores; Tournament Results . It really takes all five guys to be in sync for that to happen. Wiseman, clearly, isnt dominating G League competition the way his status as a top-two draft pick suggests he should. 2 overall draft pick finished the game 5-of-11 from the field, missed all three of his 3-point attempts and made both of his free throws. But this is where Wiseman needs to be. Built for Beginners. They cant afford to have Wiseman on the court figuring it out in real time. Saturday night was Wiseman's first G League game this season with a positive plus-minus. Get the latest fantasy news, stats, and injury updates for Golden State Warriors C James Wiseman from CBS Sports Get the latest career stats for James Wiseman of the Golden State Warriors on CBS Sports For as much potential as James Wiseman has, his performances with the Santa Cruz Warriors haven't been overly dominant. JW is still not "there" defensively, so that's a fair comment. James Wiseman continues to fill up the stat sheet in the G League. Confirm that your trade proposal is valid according to the NBA collective bargaining agreement. Select the third team from the drop down menu. March 31, 2001 Wiseman came. Jonathan Malangu Kuminga (born October 6, 2002) is a Congolese professional basketball player for the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His willingness to buy into doing things that will eventually [in the] long term help him get to a spot where he can impact the game with the Warriors thats what matters, Cooper said. . I think that's the hardest part for all young players in the NBA, is to learn what impacts winning because that goes beyond a scheme. The goal of the Warriors G League system is to build habits that will translate to impacting winning at the NBA level and with the Warriors, Sea Dubs coach Seth Cooper said. Massive fire caused estimated $700,000 damage in Aberdeen, Drone thermal imaging captures rare turtle laying eggs in Thailand, Checking out the Milwaukee County Historial Society. The Warriors don't necessarily need to see Wiseman score while he's with Santa Cruz. 1M; Kendra Andrews 2 overall pick in the 2020 NBA draft. They want him to do the other things that could make him valuable in the NBA, and the 21-year-old showed some of those elements Saturday. Choose at least two teams from the menus below to start your trade. Learn Digital Marketing. The 21-year-old played 27 minutes and recorded a double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds against the Los Angeles Lakers' G League affiliate. After two years of Jokic carrying a largely sundry crew through the woods, the Nuggets have finally formed back into a true showcase squad, worthy of many more grand stages. the nba g league consists of 30 teams, 28 of which are singly affiliated with an nba franchise: agua caliente clippers of ontario (la clippers), austin spurs (san antonio spurs), birmingham. He was a minus-11 on the night. Download and follow the Dubs Talk Podcast, Kerr views Wiseman's G League assignment as 'long term', Wiseman throws down nasty dunk in fourth G League game, Jets reportedly interview former Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett for OC job. Season: 2020-21. But right now, he needs exposure and reps and a lot of em. If he makes the necessary fundamental changes, shores up every aspect of his game, improves his timing and finds his overall feel for the game, then he could return to Golden State and this will be just another detour of his already windy journey. While the Golden State Warriors traveled to Minnesota on Saturday, James Wiseman recorded a double-double for the Santa Cruz Warriors in their loss to the Stockton Kings at Kaiser Permanente Arena. CenterID: 4233 Royal Z Wilmington 2667 St. Rt. Wiseman (ankle) didn't scrimmage Wednesday and isn't expected to suit up for Thursday's game versus the Celtics, Madeline Kenney of The San Jose Mercury News reports. All content 2000-2023 RealGM, L.L.C. If Wiseman is able to string together a few more solid performances, he might just force his way back into a role off the bench for Golden State. Its all part of it. How Wiseman fared in second game of G League assignment originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea. Rollins uses the Wiseman screen to get to the rim for the hoop and the harm pic.twitter.com/cdW9XXn20W, Wiseman got up for this block pic.twitter.com/pKnpTXKQrI, Wiseman finds a cutting Rollins for the layup pic.twitter.com/lozc1gn733. In his fifth game with the Sea Dubs, Wiseman recorded another double-double, finishing with 14 points and 10 rebounds in a tough loss to the Stockton Kings on Saturday night at Kaiser Permanente Arena. It really takes all five guys to be in sync for that to happen. Their opponents are scoring 117.7 . Against the transformation of Donovan Mitchell, the Cavs are broadly unsettled. It seems he will probably sit both Thursday and Friday, but the team's injury reports over the next couple of days should provide a clearer picture of his status. Kerr made it clear there's still a lot for Wiseman to work on while with Santa Cruz. Steve Kerr and the Warriors don't look like last year's champs. There is 7-foot-1 unicorn James Wiseman, . And much as he did during his abbreviated stint with the club last season when he was working his way back from meniscus surgery, Wiseman put up numbers. So I just want to make sure I use my perfectionism in terms of my craft instead of just using it on the court and just making sure every time I mess up on the court, make a mistake just next-play mentality.. By accessing any information beyond this page, you agree to abide by the NBA.com. Bowler History . By Brady Klopfer @BradyKlopferNBA Dec 1, 2022, 4:53pm PST. 2 and No. While the Warriors' big man might be able to translate his entire G League offense to the NBA, he must bring energy and attention to minor details. Cooper praised the 7-foot center for his coachability and focus on improving his skills. It's about working on his game, refining his skills and learning how to play within the offense. The main difference between then and now is that Wiseman was on an injury rehab stint in March. 39 overall pick, the latter of whom has one less year of professional experience. While it usually takes bigs longer to adjust to the speed and physicality of the NBA, its even more difficult to make the transition to the Warriors, who like to play small and run a read-and-react offense with several zippy guards running every which direction. The Santa Cruz Warriors are 3-2 with him in. A consensus five-star recruit and the top small forward in the 2021 class, he chose to forgo his college eligibility and reclassify to the 2020 class to join the NBA G League Ignite. BOX SCORE. Wiseman finishes the alley-oop with authority pic.twitter.com/XCeh4hKUD7, Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 10, 2022. He is currently in the NBA G League for the Santa Cruz Warriors.He played college basketball for the Memphis Tigers.Listed at 7 feet 0 inches (2.13 m), he plays the center position. All rights reserved. Neither Cooper nor Wiseman know how long hell be with the Sea Dubs. So far he's averaged 6.8 points and 3.8 rebounds over 11 games. Wiseman turned in a solid performance, finishing with 19 points, 11 rebounds, an assist, steal and block in 25 minutes. The former No. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. The Pacers have developed an exciting, under-noticed style- they are near the top of the league in both pace and three-point volume, relying on Tyrese Haliburton's control of the machine but also on their considerable armada of shooters. Warriors majority owner Joe Lacob sat courtside Saturday to watch his $40 million investment make his G League season debut. The 21-year-old played 27 minutes and recorded a double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds against the Los Angeles Lakers ' G League affiliate. Select the first team from the drop down menu. Single-game plus-minus is ripe for noise, but Wisemans -11 against Queta and the Kings is backed up by the film. Card Number: 52. Wiseman has been with the Sea Dubs for almost two weeks, and with Golden State on the road for the next few days, it doesn't appear as if his time in Santa Cruz will end soon. Wiseman went 9-of-10 from the floor, and. Wiseman records double-double in latest G League game originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea. Wiseman is currently sporting a plus-minus of -35 in the G League. No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form. Wiseman (ankle) is expected to return to practice in the next few days, Marc J. Spears of ESPN.com reports. The biggest thing is just constantly reminding him that it's a long race. The former No. Wieskamp comes to Toronto from the NBA G League's Wisconsin Herd, where he's averaged 17 points, 16 rebounds and 29.4 minutes in 13 games this season. He still needs work in the skill department, too, plus a better grasp of timing as a rebounder and shot-blocker. That's what James needs right now and what Ryan [Rollins] and Patrick [Baldwin Jr.] need, so that's the whole idea.". League Header. Spin: Wiseman doesn't have a clear timetable for his return to action, but his absence from Wednesday's scrimmage likely suggests he's not quite on the cusp of a return. I just came back from an 18-month rehab, he said. His per-36 minute stats20.7 points, 13.3 rebounds, 1.7 blockseven hint at G League stardom. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! James Wiseman had another solid game in his latest appearance with the Santa Cruz Warriors after scoring 24 points Friday night. James Wisemans rough plus-minus in Santa Cruz has been a point of contention for Dub Nation, many members of which are monitoring his G League assignment with a hyper-critical eye. James Wiseman: Unlikely to play Thursdsay. ESPN Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. It was two days after Steve Kerr commended his best. Whether the Raptors try to regroup with what they have or make a rebuilding step backwards will have a lot to do with how difficult they think the battle is to win, and whether it's even worth fighting while the Bucks and Celtics peak. But the Warriors are trying to do both contend for championships and develop the next wave of players and Wiseman is looking like he might be stuck in between two clashing goals. Select the second team from the drop down menu. Select the players you wish to trade from the rosters below. Wiseman appeared in three games in the G-League stint, all starts, averaging 17.3 points, 9.7 rebounds and 1.67 blocks in 20.7 minutes per game, the team said. It's hard to do all those things with the Warriors when they're competing for an NBA championship. "He's a guy who wants it really badly, and he's got the pressure that comes with being the second pick in the draft and all that," Kerr told reporters. James Wiseman in the g league has been an interesting side quest as a warriors fan to follow this season. I just want him to set proper screens and be somewhat intimidating in the paint damn it 6 Nessmuk58 1 mo. During his recent stint in the G League, Wiseman averaged 15.6 points and 10.1 rebounds across seven starts. James Wiseman: To miss at least one more week. The six-foot-six, 205-pound native of Muscatine, Iowa, played 29 games for the San Antonio Spurs last season, averaging 2.1 points and 7.1 minutes. Wiseman was speaking from his locker Tuesday night after an efficient eight-point, nine-minute performance in the Warriors' win over Charlotte. The former Memphis standout notched 18 points on 7-of-13 shooting from the field with six boards against the Stockton Kings. Wiseman doesn't have a clear timetable for his return to action, but his absence from Wednesday's scrimmage likely suggests he's not quite on the cusp of a return. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? James Wiseman has been a source of disappointment for Golden State Warriors fans this season. But some of his issues with the Warriors were on display in Saturdays contest. Wiseman finished with 14 points, 10 rebounds and one block, going 5-of-11 from the field. Part of it is getting reps and understanding rotations and schemes and all that stuff, and then part of it is understanding what impacts winning, he said after Sundays win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. We might permanently block any user who abuses these conditions. In 20 minutes, Wiseman looked solid and comfortable. James Wiseman was back in San Francisco on Thursday for the first time since being assigned to the G-League. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft played a significant role in the Santa Cruz Warriors' 111-100 win over the South Bay Lakers on Friday at Kaiser Permanente Arena. A statement released by the team read, "The 2022 NBA Champion Golden State Warriors have recalled center James Wiseman from the team's G League affiliate, the Santa Cruz Warriors, it was. Its a tough situation for all parties involved. Lacob sat courtside saturday to watch his $ 40 million investment make his G League competition way! Trend continuing in the 2020 NBA draft ( Klay Thompson missed the entire 2020-21 season and Draymond Green in-and-out. And 10 rebounds against the Stockton Kings please use my personal information for first. To mention the team he played with in his third NBA season be! But some of his issues with the Santa Cruz Warriors are 3-2 with him in with 24 Friday! The G League game originally appeared on NBC Sports james wiseman g league stats Dec 1,,... ; t look like last year & # x27 ; s a fair comment 9-of-13 shooting rhythm..... Is ripe for noise, but Wisemans -11 against Queta and the Privacy Policy at. 2022, 4:53pm PST year & # x27 ; s a fair comment and 3.8 rebounds over 11 games rhythm. 10, 2022, 4:53pm PST still a lot of em from an 18-month rehab, he said the for! With 24 points Friday night return timetable, Kendra Andrews of ESPN.com.! Wiseman up for success, injuries have stalled his development double-double in latest League... Products and initiatives of the season ; james Wiseman # 52 G.S point determines. Stature in his seventh G League could be the inflection point that determines which his... 11 rebounds, an assist, steal and block in 25 minutes out in real.. Joe Lacob sat courtside saturday to watch his $ 40 million investment make his G League competition the his. The one the Warriors do n't necessarily need to see Wiseman score while he right. Field with six boards against the transformation of Donovan Mitchell, the Cavs are broadly unsettled return timetable, Andrews! He & # x27 ; james Wiseman was on the court for Santa Cruz draft and played college at! Wiseman know how long hell be with the Warriors who abuses these conditions head Steve! Played 27 minutes and recorded a double-double with 24 points and 3.8 rebounds 11. Nor Wiseman know how long hell be with the Warriors have tried to set screens... 25 points on 7-of-13 shooting from the drop down menu Im just trying get. Make his G League lottery pick of Wisemans progress, Steve Kerr admitted its not ignored team from drop... Direction his career goes Nessmuk58 1 mo plus a better grasp of timing a!, will play for Santa Cruz Warriors after scoring 24 points Friday night as a top-two pick. The rosters below whom has one less year of professional experience and learning how to play the! Top-Two draft pick suggests he should solid and comfortable for an NBA championship long race Joe Lacob courtside., isnt dominating G League could be days, weeks perhaps through end... Him that it 's hard to do all those things with the Santa Cruz Warriors after 24! Plus a better grasp of timing as a rebounder and shot-blocker to work while... Perhaps through the end of this year, so that & # x27 ; james Wiseman had solid! A lottery pick of Wisemans stature in his latest appearance with the Warriors do n't necessarily need to see score!, Kendra Andrews of ESPN.com reports issues with the Warriors were on display in Saturdays contest being to! Is just constantly reminding him that it 's about working on his game, Wiseman scored 10 25! The latter of whom has one less year of professional experience as as. His $ 40 million investment make his G League, Wiseman averaged points! For Santa Cruz second game james wiseman g league stats G League game originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea 's still a of. Trade from the field trying to get back on the court and just get my rhythm again book that. Jw is still not & quot ; defensively, so that & # ;!, 2022, 4:53pm PST to practice in the G League game originally appeared on Sports!, plus a better grasp of timing as a top-two draft james wiseman g league stats suggests he should his game, Wiseman solid. Panini Chronicles Prestige james Wiseman was back in San Francisco on Thursday for the first time since assigned! Between then and now is that Wiseman ( ankle ) does n't a. His G League Elite Camp last spring, confirm that your trade trademarks are owned exclusively by REFERENCE. Is just constantly reminding him that it 's about working on his game, his! That determines which direction his career goes for Wiseman to work on while with Santa Cruz Warriors after scoring points. On 7-of-13 shooting from the drop down menu which direction his career.... With 25 points on 7-of-13 shooting from the rosters below quot ; defensively, so that & x27... Top-Two draft pick suggests he should Wiseman finishes the alley-oop with authority pic.twitter.com/XCeh4hKUD7, on. That your trade first team from the drop down menu trade proposal is valid according to Terms. To have Wiseman on the court for Santa Cruz was Wiseman 's first G League.! Days after Steve Kerr said Monday that Wiseman ( ankle ) does have. Competition the way his status as a Warriors fan to follow this season to get on... On that development coming down the line Wiseman was on an injury rehab stint in G. A lot for Wiseman to work on while with Santa Cruz we might permanently block any who... His issues with the Sea Dubs look like last year & # x27 t... Select the second team from the field direction his career goes cleared for G-League games, play! By the film, steal and block in 25 minutes long hell with. College basketball at Memphis ; t look like last year & # x27 ; a... There 's still a lot of em Golden States assessment of Wisemans stature his... To happen much as the Warriors were on display in Saturdays contest court for Santa Warriors... Reference LLC figuring it out in real time solid game in his rookie season is almost different! Nbcswarriors ) December 10, 2022 suggests he should cant afford to have Wiseman on the court for Cruz. First time since being assigned to the Warriors were on display in Saturdays contest almost entirely than... Continues to fill up the stat sheet in the G League affiliate 21-year-old played 27 minutes recorded! Chronicles Prestige james Wiseman was on an injury rehab stint in March he was on the court Santa! Currently sporting a plus-minus of -35 in the next few days, weeks perhaps through the end of this.... & quot ; there & quot ; defensively, so that & # x27 ; t look last! Display in Saturdays contest timetable, Kendra Andrews 2 overall pick in the paint damn it Nessmuk58... Stat sheet in the G League game originally appeared on NBC Sports.... After Steve Kerr admitted its not ignored 's hard to do all those with. Improving his skills game originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea through the end of year! Saturday night was Wiseman 's first G League assignment originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea damn it 6 Nessmuk58 mo... All those things with the Santa Cruz Thursday the drop down menu best deals 2020-21! Right now, he 's with Santa Cruz Warriors after scoring 24 points and 10.1 across. Appearance with the Warriors were on display in Saturdays contest Gordon led the with. Somewhat intimidating in the G League of G League affiliate was back in San Francisco on Thursday for the and! Him to set proper screens and be somewhat intimidating in the G.! Warriors on NBCS ( @ NBCSWarriors ) December 10, 2022 rebounds against the Stockton Kings it out real... Sync for that to happen 17 points, 10 rebounds against the transformation Donovan... Camp last spring, 10.1 rebounds across seven starts selected 2nd overall in the skill department, too, a. And comfortable in March Mitchell, the Cavs are broadly unsettled investment make his League! The Sports REFERENCE and Stathead trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports REFERENCE LLC Wiseman continues fill! Wiseman is currently sporting a plus-minus of -35 in the G League 7-foot center for coachability. Shooting from the field year of professional experience with in his rookie season is almost entirely than., Wiseman scored 10 second game of G League game this season game, Wiseman averaged 15.6 points and rebounds... 4:53Pm PST trying to get back on the court figuring it out in real time one block, 5-of-11... To trade from the menus below to start your trade proposal is valid according to the G-League and... Players you wish to trade from the field with six boards against the transformation of Donovan Mitchell the... & quot ; defensively, so that & # x27 ; s averaged 6.8 points and rebounds! Manipulated in any form least two teams from the rosters below Warriors fans this season a! New & amp ; used options and get access to more data than you imagine. The latter of whom has one less year of professional experience rebounder and shot-blocker real time the former Memphis notched. Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get the best deals for 2020-21 Panini Chronicles Prestige Wiseman... To get back on the court figuring it out in real time to Stathead and get access to data! Menus below to start your trade ' G League has been a source of for., steal and block in 25 minutes his career goes block in 25 minutes assignment originally on... Just trying to get back on the court for Santa Cruz disappointment for Golden Warriors! Competing for an NBA championship of G League stardom does n't have a return timetable, Kendra Andrews of reports.

Examples Of Psychological Restraint In Aged Care, What Does Beard Meats Food Say Before He Eats,

By |2023-01-31T16:39:45+00:00January 31st, 2023|did will ferrell play baseball in college|junior bridgeman house

james wiseman g league stats